Sunday 5 January 2014

vintage home




Finding cute, pretty vintage things for your home couldn't be easier or cheaper. Charity shops can sell lovely floral teacups and pastel ornaments, so I thought I'd show you some things I purchased for my bedroom. I have purchased some cheap doilies in a charity shop the other day and pretty tea light with hearts.  I have recently done my bedroom over to give it a cath kidston pretty vintage feel I purchased amazing cath kidston lookalike matching curtains and bed spread for half the price of a cath kidston one. I saw the birthday card in Banardo's for 75p, I thought it was really cute and it looks much nicer than some cards you can buy in m&s which are £2 each. I brought two of the tea-lights, they're from a charity shop in Liverpool, they were £1 each and they look lovely on my bedroom mantelpiece. I have no idea what the third item is (tell me if you know) but it is brilliant for putting make-up and nail polishes in it and it was only £1 so I thought it was silly not to buy it. The last thing I found is a small coat hanger but I have decided to use it as a necklace holder and it looks really pretty, when I saw this in packaging in a charity shop with the price tag at £3 I was so happy. I hope this inspires you to go to Ikea and scour your local charity shops like me, you never know what you might find. I have noticed that old people give in things to charity shops which is brilliant because there are lots of vintage treasures lying around waiting to be found.
clemence x

No comments:

Post a Comment